Press Release – Cedarburg, WI. November 10, 2015
Please celebrate with us another successful year in wine competitions. The Chiselled Grape now as 32 medals in four years. Last evening we were informed by the American Wine Society of their results in the Commercial Winery Competition.
The Chiselled Grape Winery won 10 medals in the following categories:
- Double Gold two years running for our 2006 Late Harvest Muscat Canelli
- Double Gold for our 2014 Gewurztraminer;
- Gold for our 2014 Riesling;
- Silver for our 2012 Pinot Noir, 2011 Malbec, 2011 Nebbiolo, and our 2010 Barbera;
- Bronze for our 2014 Viognier, 2009 Little Red Dress; and our 2009 Festival White Cuvee.
Press Release – Cedarburg, WI. November 6, 2014
The Chiselled Grape Winery in Cedarburg Wins Double Gold For the Best Dessert Wine in America Including Eight Additional Medals!
One of America’s oldest and most prestigious commercial wine competitions took place last week in Concord, North Carolina. Harvey Reissig, director of the American Wine Society commercial wine competition, is pleased to announce that our 2009 Late Harvest Muscat Canelli is the Best in Class Dessert Wine in this year’s competition! He stated, ”The AWS DOUBLE GOLD medal truly stands out among all other medal competitions.”
The AWS commercial wine competition, now over 40 years old, is host to America’s best known wineries. This year, The Chiselled Grape Winery won Double Gold as mentioned, Gold for their 2010 Barbera, four Silver medals and three Bronze Medals. The national conference moves from state to state to enhance the appreciation and knowledge of wine across America. Recent competitions have been located in Ohio, Oregon and California. The Chiselled Grape Winery has won medals at each of these AWS competitions since opening its doors in 2011. Recently, their 2011 Chenin Blanc won Gold, their 2009 Little Red Dress, 2005 Barbera, and 2009 Malbec all won Silver, and they have many wines in the Bronze category. The blind competition engages America’s top judges – trained and certified experts and industry professionals to judge the wines over three days.
Wisconsin winemaker Dr. Harald Tomesch is proud of his wines which won medals this year at the AWS competition including:
- Double Gold – 2009 Late Harvest Muscat Canelli
- Gold – 2009 Barbera
- Silver – 2006 Merlot Reserve; 2012 Pinot Noir; 2012 Pinot Grigio; 2012 Festival White Cuvee
- Bronze –2011 Malbec; 2009 Riesling; 2012 Festival Red Cuvee